1. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TeaTimeAnimates
  2. Check out our new 'Industry Links' tab to see info on some of our friends in the industry!
  3. Welcome to Tea Time Animation! Please introduce yourself in the 'introductions' thread.

Introductions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lana, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Lana

Lana Admin Staff Member Tea Time Staff Animator

Your chance to say hello! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

New here? Don't forget to check out the blog for the most up-to-date info on meeting times/places, guest lectures, and the newest community buzz.

Also, feel free to join us on facebook at facebook.com/groups/teatimeanimation.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. George Ambartsoumian

George Ambartsoumian Moderator Staff Member Tea Time Staff Animator

Hello Everyone! I'm George, this is my 4th year at the academy and looking forward to meeting you all!
  3. Kyle Remus

Kyle Remus Moderator Staff Member Tea Time Staff Animator

Hi guys! So glad this place exists, many thanks for that.
    I'm currently a fourth year student at the academy, focusing on character animation.
  4. Travis Capistrant

Travis Capistrant New Member

Hey!

I'm Travis. 1st year here, I'm 2D. Ready to get to work and learn some stuff.

I'm from Minneapolis Minnesoooooota (Go The Replacements!), excited about the new city.

My favorite Animated movies are The Secret of Kells, Beauty and the Beast, Akira, Kiki's Delivery Service
    Lana likes this.
  5. Lana

2D! So excited to have you here -- you've been a rare breed 'round Tea Time's parts. Thanks for joining!

And the rest of you, duh.
  6. Jeffrey Hoover

Jeffrey Hoover Tea Time Staff Staff Member Tea Time Staff

I'm Jeffrey, I'm a third-year animator, both 2D and 3D, although my major is technically 3D. Tea Time all day, erry day.
  7. Adam is my given name. Ugandan born (East Africa) and passionate about the animation world am entering. I would say am still new to this art form even though this is my 4th year so far. Loving what you do is very important than what you'll benefit from it. Challenges will come your way but don't give up. Champions were failures who refused to quit in tough times.

Nice meeting you all and big thanks to Tea Time crew for making it worth while and all the effort that you put into it.
  8. Crystal Godat

Crystal Godat New Member

Hey everyone!
    I haven't had a chance to introduce myself on here. My name is Crystal, and I'm a 4th year Character Animation student at the Academy and I do both 2D and 3D. For a busy gal like me, I don't get a chance to make it to club. But I still feel equally as welcomed here! Thanks for creating this awesome place!
    Lana likes this.
  9. bgodoy

bgodoy Active Member

Hello Tea Time,

My name is Bryan Godoy and animation is the engine that keeps me going. I'm glad this club is here for all of us to meet and coexist. I've seen a lot of great talent here.

I'm a second year student focused on refining my animation skills, developing a strong reel and becoming a better storyteller. I hope to learn as much as I can from those who love animation as much as I do.

-B
    Lana and Crystal Godat like this.
  10. Lana

Glad to hear from both of you! And glad to have you with us. :)
  11. Nathalie Hernandez

Nathalie Hernandez New Member

Hello Tea Time,
    I am Nathalie Hernandez, and I recently graduated from Full Sail University as a 3D character animator. I'm still taking my first steps to break into the industry, so I'm glad that a place like Tea Time exists because it already has helped me to keep updated with some news about this industry. I'm still working very hard to develop my animations skills everyday. I am very new to the forum, but hope that I get to know everyone :)
    Jonathan likes this.
  12. Lana

Nathalie! Great to hear from you, and glad to have you with us!

If you're looking for the most up-to-date, don't forget to follow us on Twitter @teatimeanimates. We've usually got some cool stuff popping up on there.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work, too!
    Nathalie Hernandez likes this.
  13. Sarah Marschman

Sarah Marschman New Member

Hello everyone~!

I met some of you at the meeting today. I'm Sarah and I'm majoring in animation with a focus in storyboarding. I love dabbling in pretty much every form of animation, and am wanting to learn both 2D and 3D animation. Some of the most stunning animation I've seen has been a perfectly balanced blend of the two. :)
    Lana likes this.
  14. Jonathan

Jonathan Admin Staff Member Tea Time Staff Animator

Hi Sarah! Welcome to the forums!
    Sarah Marschman likes this.
  15. Ha Huy Hoang

Ha Huy Hoang New Member

Hi guys, my name is Ha Huy Hoang, you can call me Ha, I'm a 2D animation major and I'm at my 3rd year now.
    Nathalie Hernandez and Lana like this.
  16. Lana

Woo! 2D! That's what I like to hear. Glad to have you with us!
  17. Dan Rico

Dan Rico Member

So, um, hi there. I'm Dan Rico, masters student in the works over at Academy of Art University, with a bit of industry experience in my back pocket. I'm a character rigger for the most part, though I was taught to be a generalist. I do try to help where I can, though my ridiculous thesis project likes to take up my time. I enjoy watching some good animation, but it has to be a well rounded package. Also, there is no replacing practical sets and animatronic characters. CGI is nice and all, but it doesn't always feel real.
    Alicia Schaeffer and Lana like this.
  18. Mani

Mani New Member

Hello Tea Time Club

I'm Mani Vemulapalli Majoring in 3D Animation. This is my 2nd Yr in the school.
    Alicia Schaeffer and Lana like this.
  19. Lana

Welcome, to both of you!

Great to have you with us.

Dan, It's fun to hear that you are a rigger - it seems like we so seldom see any of you around. You should make a thread about your thesis! We always love to see that kind of stuff.

You should join us today for the meeting!
  20. Nestor Hernandez

Nestor Hernandez New Member

Hey Tea Timers,

I'm Nestor Hernandez, I'm in my 7th semester (third year) I'm specializing in 3D Modeling and Texture & Lighting.
    I look forward to future meetings and getting to know everyone. NETWORKING, the best way to get in the animation business and make friends.
    Demille Hunt and Lana like this.