1. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TeaTimeAnimates
  2. Check out our new 'Industry Links' tab to see info on some of our friends in the industry!
  3. Welcome to Tea Time Animation! Please introduce yourself in the 'introductions' thread.

Introductions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lana, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Fernando Penafiel

Fernando Penafiel New Member

Hey Everyone!

I'm Fernando Penafiel, but you can call me Nando! This is my first semester here at AAU, and I'm currently studying 3D Animation! I have a small background in Photography, Film, Graphic Design, and Motion Graphics. I love meeting new people and collaborating. So send me a friendly hello on my Twitter @NandoPenafiel_ or on my Instagram @nandopenafiel.

One more thing. I’m really into music, especially Indie/Alternative. I enjoy making and sharing playlists! So let me know if you want to listen to some new tunes!
    Lana and Kyle Remus like this.
  2. Josephine

Josephine Member

Hey I'm Jo! I've been around for a while but never introduced myself in here. I'm a 3d animator and like doing 2d as well as mograph.
    Still waiting for the day someone tries to bring tea for everyone!
    Lana and Kyle Remus like this.
  3. Lana

Lana Admin Staff Member Tea Time Staff Animator

Welcome Nando!
    Thanks for introducing yourself, Josephine!

Super glad to have you with us. :)
  4. Frank Patterson

Frank Patterson New Member

Hello everyone!
    My name is Frank! I am an animator from New Jersey. I worked as Lead Animator on a short film that is making it's rounds through festivals right now, and then animated a few commercials. I am trying to transition to film/gaming so I was looking for a place to go to spruce up my skill set and a friend recommended me here! The college I went to was heavy on 2D and experimental animation so my 3D is largely self taught. Did one course at Anim Mentor which helped a TON.
    Jonathan and Lana like this.
  5. Vincent Tilghman

Vincent Tilghman New Member

Hey Tea Time,

My Name is Vinny. I am an Alumni of the 3D animation master's program. I've followed the Facebook page and blogspot for some time without realizing there was an actual website for Teatime until I was a couple months from graduating. That was last year, I've graduated since then and never posted in an introduction until now. Since graduating I've worked on a Monster High movie in Canada for the past year until the project was complete. Great to be apart. :)
  6. Jeffrey Hoover

Jeffrey Hoover Tea Time Staff Staff Member Tea Time Staff

Welcome! Glad you could join us, if only for a short time during your schooling. Please, feel free to post your work, partake in critique, have some cookies and make yourself at home! Also, join us in our google hangout during tea time every Friday at 3.30p, at hangout.teatimeanimation.com
  7. Masha Zarnitsa

Masha Zarnitsa New Member

Hi guys! I'm Masha, and I'm currently a senior at Ringling. I'm hoping to be either a lighter at a big studio or a lighting/lookdev artist at a smaller one once I graduate! I also worked as a lighting/compositing intern at JibJab just this past summer and had an absolute blast.

I'm really excited to meet you guys! Hopefully there are some fellow lighters around.
    Lana likes this.
  8. Lana

Hey Masha! So great to have you with us -- sorry the forums have been a little quite as of late (the end of the year always gets a little nutso).

How did you hear about us? That's crazy that you worked at Jib Jab -- Were you doing those elf yourself videos? haha
  9. Masha Zarnitsa

Masha Zarnitsa New Member

I found you guys through Jeffrey's post on multithreading in Maya 2016 and decided to snoop around, haha! Hopefully things pick up a little bit in the spring, this looks like a lovely community.

JibJab actually has a series of videos for little kids called StoryBots, and they're currently working on a tv show with those characters. So that's what their CG department is focused on right now. :) It's incredibly cute, and I hope they release it soon.
    Jeffrey Hoover and Lana like this.
  10. Lana

Haha! Cool! I didn't realize they had a serious animation department -- Then again, I haven't done a lot of Jib Jab research, so, what do I know? ;)
    Welcome!
  11. Achilles

Achilles New Member

Hello people!

I'm Dionysis and coming from Greece, currently working as a 2D animator in Canada, for a studio called Copernicus. I think I found the forum through the clothing morpheus tutorial. It looks like a cosy place here so I look forward to hanging out here!
    Lana likes this.
  12. Jeffrey Hoover

Welcome! Glad you found our resources useful.
    Achilles likes this.
  13. Lana

Yes! So happy to have you with us.
    Achilles likes this.
  14. Achilles

Achilles New Member

:D Thanks guys, happy to be here!
  15. Kylek54

Kylek54 New Member

Hello all! My name is Kyle and i am an aspiring FX artist/Animator (not sure yet). Cant wait to make some friends and learn a ton with the help of you all!
    Lana likes this.
  16. Frank Martinez

Frank Martinez New Member

Hello!
    Im Frank, 3D character animation. I am also an online student at AAU. Noce to meet you all!
    Lana likes this.
  17. Jeffrey Hoover

Welcome, Kyle and Frank! I'm glad you could join us.
  18. annimative

annimative New Member

Hello there!
    My name is Annie and I'm from the Philippines. Currently study 3D animation design at Shih Chien University in Taipei, Taiwan.
    I just stumbled upon the TeaTime facebook group a few minutes ago and am just shocked that i hadn't discovered this sooner!
    anyway, now that i am here i hope to learn as well as make connections with you guys!

This is a GIF i made when i first started dabbling in Flash (here)

Cheers!
    Lana likes this.
  19. Jeffrey Hoover

I wish I could do that with my nose when I got sick...

Welcome, Annie! The forums have been fairly quiet lately, but we do lurk and I often offer critique. If you have any questions, feel free to ask; likewise if you have any work to show, or have critique to offer. Also, if you're free on Fridays at 3.30p Pacific time (GMT-8), we stream our meetings on http://hangout.teatimeanimation.com/
  20. Lana

Annie,

So glad to have you with us! Your gif is awesome -- looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future!